Sunday, July 21, 2013

Top Ten Alfred Hitchcock Movies


A few weeks ago, I asked Life, Death and Fog readers to send me their five favorite Hitchcock movies.  Because the blog is for folks interested crime-fiction books and films, I thought the list might show which of his 50 films still speak to us in 2013.

Here are the Top Ten vote getters:

10.  Shadow of a Doubt

9. Dial M for Murder

8. To Catch a Thief

7. The Birds

6. Psycho

5. The ManWho Knew Too Much

4. Strangers on a Train

3. North By Northwest

2. Vertigo

1. Rear Window




4 comments:

Kathleen George said...

I'd bump a few for The Lady Vanishes and Notorious.

Ronald Tierney said...

I agree. My personal list would have included Rope as well. That so many of the Hitchcock lists cause disagreement is why I tried to poll my readers. At the risk of making enemies, I don't understand how The Birds made it. Thanks for your comment.

Anonymous said...

Ditto on The Lady Vanishes, which I love and Notorious, which is one of my top 10 all-time films.

Ronald Tierney said...

Kathy, Thanks for your comment. I wrote about The Lady Vanishes not too long ago:
http://lifedeathandfog.blogspot.com/2013/07/film-pairings-espionage-light-some.html